- Duration: Full-day
- 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Departs: Saigon - Ends: Saigon
Pickup: 8:30am - at your hotel in Saigon Downtown
- Enjoy a pleasant drive through massive industrial area in the east of Saigon as we are heading down to Ba Ria and then Long Tan (90km or 1,5 hours)
- 10:30: pay our tribute and visit to the former site of Long Tan Battle which has become part of Australia’s as well as New Zealand's history after the Vietnam War. A simple ritual will be held to remember our 17 young Diggers who did put in a very decent fight and have stayed back forever on this site since August 18th, 1966
- We will go on to visit Long Phuoc Tunnels and the former site of Horseshoe Battle
- We also visit the former site of the Australian army base of Nui Dat where thousands of young Diggers, acommpanied by a team of New Zealand artillery, called home for years. Some parts of the airstrips are still there!
- 12:30: savor our lunch at local restaurant in Ba Ria
- 13:30: head off for Saigon (120km or almost 2-hour drive)
Drop-off: 3:30pm – at your hotel in Saigon where our service ends
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam's Commercial Law.
Please click here for Vietcombank's current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
- Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
- Travel permit & entrance fees (this costs us up to US$25 per person – inclusive)
- Flower and incense for the ritual
- Lunch with local beer or soft drinks
- Professional English-speaking guide
- English speaking guide from Ba Ria
- 2 bottles of mineral water per person
- Drinks, meals and any other incurred expenses, that are not mentioned above
- Personal travel insurance
- Tipping – tipping is optional. If you enjoyed our guide’s and driver’s service and decided to offer a tip, we would really appreciate your effort to hand over the tip to our guide and our driver separately so they both could appropriately express their thanks to you at the same time
- We will need your personal details when confirming the tour in order to acquire your travel permit to the site. This will need to be pre-arranged.
- The visit to Long Tan can be very emotional for most Aussies & Kiwis!
- There will be no shopping stop on this tour!
- Should you be dissatisfied with the services provided by your local guide or driver, please kindly let us know. Thank you
- To all future visitors to Vietnam: please keep in mind that tap water is ABSOLUTELY NOT safe to drink whether at homestays, hotels or 5-star resorts.
- We only run private and customizable tours. There isn't a group tour option nor do we team our guests up for a group.
- We offer free pickup and drop-off from District 1, 3, 4, 5, 10 and Phu Nhuan. Pickup/drop-off outside of this area and airport transfers are subject to extra charges.
- Some of the stops can be slightly changed, depends on actual time of travel
- While traveling with us, your luggage will be safe in the car with our driver. However, we are NOT responsible for your money, jewelries, cell phones, and any other valuable belongings
For more information on our services, please have a look at our FAQs page or contact us.
To know what our customers say about our service, please visit our TripAdvisor page!