- Duration: Full day
- 7:30am - 5:30pm (customizable)
- Departs & ends: Saigon.
- Cao Dai Temple
- Local market
- Bike/scooter ride crossing paddy fields
- Authentic Vietnamese food
- Boat trip & sampan cruise on Mekong River
- Local people and their hospitality
- And more...
Let’s join Water Buffalo Tours for a travel to some untouched areas of the Mekong Delta where you will definitely get an insight into the locals’ daily routines and activities.
You will enjoy a stunning short bike ride through remote villages stretching along beautiful paddy fields and fantastic boat ride through the narrow channels amongst the Delta’s incredible scenery. We ensure you will be amazed by lots of the locals’ activities on their paddy fields, orchards and at the local market.
The locals’ strong sense of ancestral worship can be felt and seen everywhere. The locals’ hospitality and their simple but healthy food will surely make your trip even more enjoyable.
Pickup: 7:30am - at your hotel in Saigon Downtown
- Enjoy a pleasant drive on the secondary road 50 (not the Highway 1!!) to Can Giuoc (30km) and pay a short visit to a beautiful and colorful local Cao Dai Temple (10 minutes)
- Take another short drive (15km) to Can Duoc market – a stunning rural market on its informal setting and friendly market goers.
- Head for Tan Hoa (25km) with a short break to visit a local family’s legumes nursery and witness an unbelievable form of labor-intensive which has not changed over three generations!
- Upon arriving in Tan Hoa, you will enjoy a stunning and easy bike ride (10km) through some remote villages dotted with coconut palm trees stretching along the paddy fields (alternatively you can choose to enjoy the ride from the back-seat of a scooter driven by our driver)
- Savor lunch at a beach-front seafood restaurant at Tan Thanh beach (muddy beach, not for swimming)
- Drive to My Tho pier (45km) where we will enjoy a fantastic cruise crossing the mighty Upper Mekong River, then get transferred to a smaller sampan to wind through some green, lush, picturesque and Amazon-like creek of Tan Thach.
- Drive through Rach Mieu suspension-bridge for a breath-taking view of the Upper Mekong and its islets. Follow the highway 1 & freeway to get back to Saigon (75km)
Drop-off: 5:30pm – at your hotel in Saigon where our service ends
*Rates are in USD per person
**We only run private and customizable tours
- Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
- Lunch with local beer or soft drinks
- Private boat trip and sampan cruise
- All entrance fees for specified stops
- Gearless bikes or scooters with drivers
- Fresh tropical fruits
- Professional English-speaking guide
- 2 bottles of mineral water per person
- Drinks, meals and any other incurred expenses, that are not mentioned above
- Personal travel insurance
- Tipping – tipping is optional. If you enjoyed our guide’s and driver’s service and decided to offer a tip, we would really appreciate your effort to hand over the tip to our guide and our driver separately so they both could appropriately express their thanks to you at the same time
- We offer free pickup and drop-off from District 1, 3, 4, 5, 10 and Phu Nhuan. Pickup/drop-off outside of this area and airport transfers are subject to extra charges.
- Some of the stops can be slightly changed, depends on time of travel
- For safety reasons, we do not provide small bikes for young children of 12 years and below. They will sit either on the back of your bike for the ride; or on the back seat of a scooter, in between the driver and one of the adults. The ride is safe on flat and quiet villages’ paths at the speed of no more than 25km/h
- Some parts of Mekong Delta are not that green during the dry season which goes from January to late-May
- The weather can be very hot and humid from April to early-June
- Please bring along a good brimmed hat and sun-cream for the bike/scooter ride
- Proper sandals are required for the wet season (May to late-November) and shoes for the dry season as you have to get on and off the boat quite a few times
- We will visit a local Cao Dai Temple on this tour. Wearing shorts is ok, but not too short. Also, you are advised to get your shoulders covered while visiting the temple
- While traveling with us, your luggage will be safe in the car with our driver. However, we are NOT responsible for your money, jewelries, cell phones, and any other valuable belongings
- There will be no shopping stop on this tour!
For more information on our services, please have a look at our FAQs page or contact us.
To know what our customers say about our service, please visit our TripAdvisor page!