- Duration: Half-day
- Morning: 7:00 - 13:00
- Afternoon: 12:00 - 17:30
- (Please indicate which schedule you would want to book in the booking form, the tour will run in the morning hours by default)
- Departs: Saigon - Ends: Saigon
Explore one of the most ferocious aspects in Vietnam history by taking a “back-to-the-past” trip to the infamous tunnels, which played an extremely important role in Vietnamese’s triumphant resistance against the American’s unyielding attacks.
You will learn how Viet Cong soldiers lived and coped with the difficulties presented, and how the tunnels had been so-cleverly built and been able to withstand numerous raids and assaults, despite the American’s ever-growing efforts to bring them down.
We will then travel back to Saigon and wrap up the tour by enjoying the best Pho in town.
We were honored to host April's family from the Globetrotting Grommet Blog who presented an amazing review on our 2-day tour to Mekong Delta and Cu Chi Tunnels tour.
Pickup: 7:00 - at your hotel in Saigon Downtown
- Kick start our day with a pleasant drive (60km) through the beautiful country dotted with paddy fields and rubber plantations.
- You are going to visit a massive underground network located near by the area once called "Iron Triangle" and was the termination of the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The tunnels were designed by local guerrillas as a “springboard for attacking Saigon.”
- The tunnels were used by Viet Cong guerrillas as hiding spots during combat, as well as serving as communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for numerous guerrilla fighters.
- The role of the tunnel systems was so important to the Viet Cong in resisting American operations and protracting the war, and eventually persuading the weary Americans into withdrawal.
- After spending 2 hours at the tunnels for a short war documentary film, seeing other relevant displays, and getting through a short stage of the tunnels (optional), we will head off for Saigon (65km or 1.5 hours)
- 12:00: enjoy our late lunch at Pho Hoa – possibly best-ever Vietnamese rice-noodles soup with beef or chicken
Drop-off: 13:00 – at your hotel in Saigon where our service ends
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam's Commercial Law.
Please click here for Vietcombank's current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
- Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
- Lunch at Pho Hoa with a local beer or soft drink
- All entrance fees for specified stops
- Professional English-speaking guide
- 2 bottles of mineral water per person
- Drinks, meals and any other incurred expenses, that are not mentioned above
- Personal travel insurance
- Tipping – tipping is optional. If you enjoyed our guide’s and driver’s service and decided to offer a tip, we would really appreciate your effort to hand over the tip to our guide and our driver separately so they both could appropriately express their thanks to you at the same time
- People with any heart-complications or claustrophobia should not go through the tunnels. Going down and have some photos taken should be fine.
- Visitors can fire some old types of rifle at Cu Chi shooting range (exclusive cost for bullets, under-18-year-old children are not allowed to shoot the guns!)
- Cu Chi Tunnels is one of the most popular destinations in Southern Vietnam. It welcomes more than 2000 visitors everyday so the place will be crowded. We suggest starting the tour early at 7:00am, hopefully to beat the crowd from the bus tours and avoid heavy traffics.
- Should you be dissatisfied with the services provided by your local guide or driver, please let us know. Thank you
- There will be no shopping stop on this tour!
- To all future visitors to Vietnam: please keep in mind that tap water is ABSOLUTELY NOT safe to drink whether at homestays, hotels or 5-star resorts.
- We only run private and customizable tours. There isn't a group tour option nor do we team our guests up for a group.
- We offer free pickup and drop-off from District 1, 3, 4, 5, 10 and Phu Nhuan. Pickup/drop-off outside of this area and airport transfers are subject to extra charges.
- Some of the stops can be slightly changed, depends on actual time of travel
- While traveling with us, your luggage will be safe in the car with our driver. However, we are NOT responsible for your money, jewelries, cell phones, and any other valuable belongings
For more information on our services, please have a look at our FAQs page or contact us.
To know what our customers say about our service, please visit our TripAdvisor page!