- Duration: 2 days 1 night
- Start time: 7:30am on the first day (customizable)
- End time: 4:30pm on the second day (customizable)
- Departs: Saigon - Ends: Saigon
- Floating market
- Cao Dai Temple
- Local market
- Bike/scooter ride crossing paddy fields
- Authentic Vietnamese food
- Boat trip & sampan cruise on Mekong River
- Local people and their hospitality
- And more
It is said that a visit to Mekong Delta will not be complete without a trip to a floating market, an embodiment of how the local life used to be before the French established roads throughout the land.
Favored by the people as it is blessed by Mother Nature, the Delta, and in particular the floating markets, receives a great number of visitors, and the figures are growing every year.
While this brings about prosperity, we figure that some parts of the Delta are losing their originality and purpose. Take the Can Tho floating markets for example, we can see after each trip that the markets are becoming more of a tourist attraction than a place for trading goods
Consequently, we decide to spice things up a little and introduce you a new tour, with a new destination, where we can fulfill our desire of offering the most off-the-beaten-path experience for our guests.
This tour is basically our renewed “Experience Mekong Delta”, in which we will visit a tucked away floating market instead of Phong Dien and Cai Rang.
DAY 1: Can Giuoc– Go Cong – My Tho – Ben Tre – Can Tho (L)
Pickup: 7:30am - at your hotel in Saigon Downtown
- Enjoy a pleasant drive on the secondary road 50 (not the Highway 1!!) to Can Giuoc (30km) and pay a short visit to a beautiful and colorful local Cao Dai Temple (10 minutes) – a combination of most of major religions on earth
- Another short drive (20km) will take us to Go Cong market – a stunning rural market on its informal setting and friendly market goers
- Drive to Tan Hoa (7km), where you will enjoy a stunning and easy bike ride (10km) through some remote villages dotted with coconut palm trees stretching along the paddy fields (alternatively you can choose to enjoy the ride from the back-seat of a scooter driven by our driver)
- Savor lunch at a beach-front seafood restaurant at Tan Thanh beach (muddy beach, not for swimming)
- Drive to My Tho pier (45km) where we will enjoy a fantastic cruise crossing the mighty Upper Mekong River, then get transferred to a smaller sampan to wind through some green, lush, picturesque and Amazon-like creek of Tan Thach.
- Drive through Rach Mieu suspension-bridge for a breath-taking view of the Upper Mekong and its islets.
- Follow the Highway 1 to Can Tho (100km) and check in your hotel.
Lodging: TTC Premium Can Tho (3-star riverside, deluxe river-view) or similar
*Five-star accommodation is available (Victoria Can Tho Resort). Please contact us for more information and cost.
**We don't have a homestay option. You can choose to exclude the hotel booking and arrange your own accommodation in Can Tho (within 10km of the city centre).
DAY 2: Unnamed Floating Market – Saigon (B/L)
- 4:30: roll out of your bed, hop on your car and drive to the floating market (60km)
- 6:00: hop on an arrow-boat and cruise to the stunning floating market. This is a 2-in-1 market, both a wholesale and retail, where merchants will hang one of each of the items they are selling on a pole so people can see what they trade from afar. What you need to do is to sit back on your boat, enjoy the morning coffee served by the local coffee boat and watch the whole world of trading going on from boats to boats. This will complete a special picture of around a million floating traders in this region who have been happily living the floating life and earning their living on some 50,000km of waterways in the Mekong Delta
- After the market, our boat will continue on the cruise through the neighboring canals and creeks. The view is astonishing with people’s house scattering along the banks, surrounded by the water, paddy fields and palm trees.
- Get back to your hotel in Can Tho for a late breakfast and short rest.
- 11am: check out of your hotel and enjoy a beautiful drive back to Saigon via a newly established road. This is one of the most untouched and original country roads of the region with scarce traffic and lots of photo opportunities. You will have a chance to see the signature spider-web-like irrigation system of the Delta. The route is only recently accessible due to the construction of new bridges in the area.
- 1pm: stop for lunch at a local restaurant en route
- 2pm: head off for Saigon via the Freeway
Drop-off: 4:30pm – at your hotel in Saigon where our service ends
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam's Commercial Law.
Please click here for Vietcombank's current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
- Accommodation as specified, based on twin share room - single rooms are subject to extra charges
- Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
- Meals as specified: (B)= Breakfast; (L)= Lunch
- Private boat trips and sampan cruises in Ben Tre and the floating market
- All entrance fees for specified stops
- Gearless bikes or scooters with drivers
- Fresh tropical fruits
- Professional English-speaking guide
- 2 bottles of mineral water per person per day
- Drinks, meals and any other incurred expenses, that are not mentioned above
- Personal travel insurance
- Tipping – tipping is optional. If you enjoyed our guide’s and driver’s service and decided to offer a tip, we would really appreciate your effort to hand over the tip to our guide and our driver separately so they both could appropriately express their thanks to you at the same time
- The unnamed floating market is quite a way away from Can Tho (60km) so the price is higher than our other 2-day trip due to the cost of transportation. If you don’t mind the extra cost and can manage the early start however, it is well-worth the effort
- For safety reasons, we do not provide small bikes for young children of 12 years and below. They will sit either on the back of your bike for the ride; or on the back seat of a scooter, in between the driver and one of the adults. The ride is safe on flat and quiet villages’ paths at the speed of no more than 25km/h
- Please take your passport(s) with you for the hotel check-in.
- There will be a bit of driving on this tour as we need to reach the floating markets in Can Tho
- The new road (return trip) may get bumpy at some parts. Also, it may be hard to find clean restrooms at times because the new route is not that much populated as yet. Clients should inform the guide around 10 minutes ahead if they got the call
- Some parts of Mekong Delta are not that green during the dry season which goes from January to late-May
- The weather can be very hot and humid from April to early-June
- Please bring along a good brimmed hat and sun-cream for the bike/scooter ride
- Proper sandals are required for the wet season (May to late-November) and shoes for the dry season as you have to get on and off the boat quite a few times
- We will visit a local Cao Dai Temple on this tour. Wearing shorts is ok, but not too short. Also, you are advised to get your shoulders covered while visiting the temple
- There will be no shopping stop on this tour!
- To all future visitors to Vietnam: please keep in mind that tap water is ABSOLUTELY NOT safe to drink whether at homestays, hotels or 5-star resorts.
- We only run private and customizable tours. There isn't a group tour option nor do we team our guests up for a group.
- We offer free pickup and drop-off from District 1, 3, 4, 5, 10 and Phu Nhuan. Pickup/drop-off outside of this area and airport transfers are subject to extra charges.
- Some of the stops can be slightly changed, depends on actual time of travel
- While traveling with us, your luggage will be safe in the car with our driver. However, we are NOT responsible for your money, jewelries, cell phones, and any other valuable belongings
For more information on our services, please have a look at our FAQs page or contact us.
To know what our customers say about our service, please visit our TripAdvisor page!